Services & Pricing
What is it? Dark fibre is exactly as it sounds – a dark or unlit strand of glass in a fibre optic cable. When you choose to lease a Dark Fibre service from Network Tasman you are choosing to provide an uninterrupted light path between two physical locations providing security and a medium for serious data transfer.
This service gives you a choice of technology to light up the ends of a Dark Fibre to deliver your data in a dedicated purpose-built point-to-point fibre circuit that does not transit through a service provider’s router or switch. Our team at Network Tasman can help you with any questions you may have about how to get your data from point A to point B using a reliable and secure Dark Fibre solution.
Network Tasman’s ethernet services are delivered over a fibre optic cable that operates in the layer 2 level of the OSI model. We call this our “Lit Service” as we light up a dedicated high performance, high capacity fibre connection that can deliver ethernet at your place of work. This dependable and reliable solution means that you don’t have any bottlenecks slowing things up.
Our customer access (CA) suite of bandwidth options allows your LAN to connect to the greater business community through dependable, flexible fibre broadband technology that has lit up the top of the south since 2010.
The Network Tasman ethernet fibre cloud extends from Nelson to Blenheim to Richmond to Motueka and most places in between. It offers more bandwidth, lower latency, and reliable performance for seamless networking.
We understand that each customer is different and that residential (RA) customer builds are not always geographically equal. Our team at Network Tasman can tailor a design and custom build it to meet your needs, ensuring you get the right connection at the right price.
Wiring Homes for Fibre
Our brochure provides advice for cable installers on the wiring of homes in subdivisions serviced by Network Tasman Fibre.
A number of established service providers use Network Tasman Fibre to deliver services to the end user. These services include:
- Backups – Fibre optic backups allow masses of information to be moved off site on a regular basis in a short amount of time. Businesses using these services have the security of knowing their data is backed up and safe.
- Telephony services – Our telephony partners are innovative and responsive to your needs. From advanced functionality, to competitive pricing, our partners can deliver what you want.
- Across town Ethernet – Extend your LAN affordably and without data charges with site onan ‘across town Ethernet’ connection. LAN-like speeds can be achieved across multiple sites allowing many offices to become one, and centralising their IT functions.
- Internet access – Our ISP partners provide a range of internet access services which can be purchased in their own or bundled with other services. All our internet access is fibre optic so offers much more than standard access, including more bandwidth and decreased latency.
- Data centre services – Data centres allow your precious data files and applications to be held in a safe, dedicated hosting facility. Fibre optic connectivity means you have access at LAN-like speed.