Network Tasman has been crediting network charge discounts onto consumers’ power bills since 1994. To find out whether you are within Network Tasman's coverage area click here.
Network Tasman is a consumer-owned electricity distributor
The company has been providing network discounts to its consumers since 1994. The amount of discount each consumer receives depends on their electricity usage. The discounts appear as a credit on eligible consumers’ power accounts.
The next discount provided by Network Tasman will be credited on the power bill you receive from your electricity retailer late April 2021. It will be based on your electricity usage from 01 September 2020 to 31 March 2021.
To be eligible for a line charge discount a consumer must have an active, metered connection to the network as at midnight on a specific day. The relevant eligibility dates for our next two discount payments are specified below:
- Autumn 2021 – Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Spring 2021 – Monday 13 September 2021
Any of the following circumstances will exclude a consumer from receiving the discount:
- The meters have been removed prior to midnight on the respective cut-off dates
- The consumer’s connection has been disconnected or is vacant or inactive on the registry prior to the respective cut-off dates
- The consumer’s connection has temporary boxes or unmetered connections such as streetlights or electric fences
- The consumer has had a final reading or requested a final reading to be taken on or before midnight on the respective cut-off date.
Discounts are calculated at a rate per kilowatt hour (kWh) as per our pricing schedule.
Discounts will vary between consumers because of consumers' different levels of electricity consumption.
If you have any queries about the discount please call us or click on the link below to read answers to Frequently Asked Questions about discounts.
Click here to view the Line Charge Discounts – 2020/2021 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
*In addition, the Network Tasman Trust provides a distribution Network Tasman consumers in December. This distribution represents an individual consumer’s share of a tax-free distribution to beneficiaries from Network Tasman’s accumulated funds. Go to Network Tasman Trust for more information about the Trust.